Sunday 11 September 2011

Elizabeth's Room and April's Room

Elizabeth's room was always messy.  I've done my best, but lack Sims clutter objects to make it quite as bad as this:
(Actually, it's not that bad.  The bed needs making and that's about it.  But the official site says it's messy, so that's the word of god on this one.)

Here's my take: 
My previous post explains the reason for the mirror image along the far wall: the floor plan didn't include stairs to the upper bedrooms, and once the stairs were added in, they blocked off the door to Elizabeth's room if I'd kept it in its original location, so I flipped this side of the room.

Yes, the colour scheme includes teal and lavender.  How could it not?  What I also thought about the room was that it was probably kept the way Elizabeth had left it when she moved away to Nippissing years earlier, so still has some toys and posters left over from high school.


Look: carefully placed stacks of books and a pair of running shoes just to look sort-of messy.  I'm sure Lynn Johnston intended the lines she drew on the floor plan to indicate a wardrobe, but they looked more like a clothes rack, so I've used a clothes rack:

Liz scored the bedroom with a small en suite, which is why she was forced to give it up to Mike and Deanna.  Here's a bird's eye view of her bathroom and the master bathroom:


April's room:

April was aged about 10 when that was drawn for the Find Ned game in or around 2001, but I don't know of any more recent views of her room other than the sequence of strips where John appeared to threaten her with violence if she didn't stop doing her homework and come downstairs for dinner.  So I've also kept April's room looking relatively child-like:


There's the laptop she was using to do her homework.  It acts like a magnet for other Sims, though, and I keep finding them in her room playing computer games.  At least she has some space to practise her guitar.

No comments:

Post a Comment