Sunday 11 September 2011

Kitchen and Breakfast Room

I'm pleased with how the kitchen turned out.

Breakfast area:


Sink area (there is a small mat on the floor in my game, too):


I couldn't get the same kind of curtains as in the strip, but I thought that these half-curtains better allowed Elly to peer out at her neighbours.

Stove area:


The pantry cupboard on the far end is actually a bathroom storage unit, but it works really well here.  Once thing I did change was to remove the cupboard from immediately above the stove to add some hanging pots and pans.  It's a design thing, not a practical thing, as the smoke alarm could have been installed beneath a cupboard, but I preferred breaking up the line of cupboards as it was dark and heavy in a fairly light environment.

No comments:

Post a Comment