Sunday 11 September 2011

Master Bedroom

This is the master bedroom as it looked when Grandpa Jim was living there:
Snoopy doll?  Do you think Lynn knew Sparky?

My interpretation.  I had to take the walls down to get the angle, so you can see straight into the wardrobe behind the TV, but that is actually a separate room.

I couldn't find a bed frame which quite matched the one in the drawing.  In fact, I can't work out what the bedstead would look like if I went with the one in the drawing.  Did it have two of those wheels at the top or was the headboard really just half the width of the bed?

This angle works a bit better to show the wall behind the TV (oops, just realised that I forgot to stick a picture on there and some flowers on top of the TV), and also the dresser and window looking onto the deck.  The floor plan seems to show a window at that spot, anyway, but you have to look really closely.  I can't work out what is supposed to be under that window, though.  The floor plan shows that there's something there and it might be a desk and chair, but it's not clear.  There's probably supposed to be a dresser against the mirrored wall to the right of the bed (above), but that makes the space too tight for the Sims to get in and out of bed on that side unless I increase the size of the room again.

The mirrored wall is there for Elly's sake.  Hoop-ya!  The more I look at that strip, the more I really can't work out what that wall is supposed to be.  Are they mirrored doors to another walk-in closet?  Where's the bureau shown in the floor plan?  Why do John and Elly have all those mirrors next to their bed?  Where's my brain bleach?

Ahem...The floor plan shows an empty room leading off the master bedroom, which is on the other side of the mirrored wall.  Judging from the size of it, I've assumed that the empty room is meant to be an en suite bathroom and not another walk-in closet:
Besides, as I've mentioned before, plenty of bathrooms is necessary with a household this size!

Here's a pretty view of the rear deck leading off the master bedroom.
I seem to remember that Grandpa Jim would have his own entrance to the house if he took over the master bedroom, so perhaps there are supposed to be stairs off the deck, or perhaps it was just meant that he'd use the back door, which led to the hall down to the master bedroom.  If the latter, you can see the steps to the other deck at the far left of this photo.

No comments:

Post a Comment